The Conseil québécois des syndicats universitaire (CQSU) is a group of unions representing teaching assistants, administrative assistants, researchers and research assistants affiliated with the PSAC.
- Support union action undertaken by PSAC-Quebec university sector locals;
- Defend and promote professional, economic, cultural and political interests of our members in this sector, and of workers in general;
- Promote social solidarity, justice, equity, tolerance and sharing to build a fairer society, free from discrimination, oppression and exploitation. Such a society fosters personal growth and respect for the environment;
- Promote interaction between locals, particularly to share information about proper interpretation and application of collective agreements;
- Promote consistent bargaining strategies throughout locals to help them achieve their common objectives;
- Represent locals in dealings with various organizations;
- Promote union solidarity between CQSU locals and other PSAC locals.
- Promote union solidarity between CQSU locals and other unions in the Quebec university sector;
- Unite organizations representing workers in the university sector in a democratic and united setting in order for them to determine common courses of action without infringing on their local sovereignty;
- Protect the autonomy of universities and their prime mission which is to develop and share knowledge.
Executive officers are :
- Coordonnateur : Sébastien Paquette
- Communications : Marion Duval
- Secretary : Joel Tremblay
- Treasurer : Nicolas Rioux