Workplace health and safety is a vital aspect of labour relations. PSAC‑Quebec is dedicated to promoting health and safety and providing locals with the necessary tools. Our mission is to:
- Promote and prioritize health and safety all across Quebec
- Improve workplace health and safety throughout our organization by making prevention a top priority
- Educate members on the importance of prevention in workplace health and safety
- Support, train and educate locals to ensure that all members know their rights and that employers meet their responsibilities
- Engage with area councils and locals to ensure that health and safety is at the core of our work and that our members are always well represented
- Coordinate union health and safety activities, including worker’s compensation
If you have any questions, please email your Health and Safety regional representative, Jovanka Ivic.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEE MANDATE
The Health and Safety Committee is responsible for ensuring PSAC‑Québec carries out its health and safety mandate.
The Committee is supported by health and safety representatives from each area council, who are tasked with:
- Ensuring health and safety information is communicated in their area
- Staying informed about and participating in health and safety events
- Getting relevant training and keeping up to date with available resources
- Make an effort to understand locals’ needs in order to enhance PSAC’s occupational health and safety training