Union Education Committee
EDUCATION COMMITTEE MANDATE
- Promote the development of an active network of Alliance facilitators in their region;
- Involve area councils, facilitators and locals in the development of the annual education program;
- Actively participate in the development of the regional education plan;
- Formulate recommendations for the Quebec Council;
- Develop creative learning strategies to enhance union education within locals, the union, workplaces and communities;
- Promote education within the Quebec Council;
- Assess training needs for locals and regional bodies;
- Foster the establishment of education positions or education coordination committees within area councils.
- Promote regionalization as a way to strengthen the role of members in the union’s decision‑making process; create opportunities for members to participate in union events and get involved in their union.
- Support the regional education team made up of elected representatives and staff who consider education to be critical to the union’s strength and growth.
- Develop a regional education plan that meets the needs of members and gives them access to union education in their workplace and community.
- Bring together regional and local leaders who are actively engaged in organizing and promoting union education.
Education Committee members are:
- Fedoua Hritel, Committee chair
- Kristine Leclerc
- Sébastien Paquette
- Djimy Théodore
- Sarah Alinezad *
- Isabelle Renaud, regional education officer
The Education Committee submits its budget to the Quebec Council for approval.
The Education Program budget is dedicated to education for PSAC members. These funds cannot be used to support a political or administrative structure in the region.
Committee members communicate by conference call, email or using other technologies, especially when participating in meetings held simultaneously with other events.
Practices and measures adopted by the committee are in keeping with the PSAC Members’ Education Policy.
Union Education Section