Almost a year after their work contract expired, members of the Association syndicale des travailleurs étudiants et des travailleuses étudiantes de l’UQTR (ASTRE) mobilized to reach a tentative agreement with the employer, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR).
PSAC-Quebec would like to thank the bargaining team for their excellent work and support throughout the process. There are no concessions in the new tentative agreement. The improvements were achieved thanks to the bargaining team’s hard work and the members’ support during the process.
The ratification vote will take place on December 2 and the PSAC-ASTRE bargaining team unanimously recommends ratification of the new agreement, which will improve working conditions in several ways.
Tentative agreement highlights
- Salary increases:
- 2021: 2%
- 2022: 2%
- 2023: 1.75% or the Quebec government wage policy (whichever is higher)
- 2024: 1.75% or the Quebec government wage policy (whichever is higher)
- 1.4% increase on statutory holidays
- Fourteen (14) designated statutory holidays with overtime pay when worked.
- 12% of contracts guaranteed.
- Eligibility for 93% maternity leave top-up as of 200 hours worked, up from current 300. Same conditions for parental and paternity leave.
- Remote work agreement including ergonomic support, IT equipment loan and technical support from the employer.
- 4-year collective agreement (expires November 30, 2024).
- More union leave for staff.
- Increased contract hours per semester (from 275 to 300 hours).
- Seniority on contracts after 1 year or 650 hours of work, rather than the current 24 months.
- New seniority principle for accommodated exam invigilators.
- More prep time for accommodated exam invigilators, 30–45 minutes for exams with 6+ participants.
- 2-year pilot to implement new scheduling at the sports centre.
- More leave time to meet new members.
- Lunch break after 5 consecutive hours of work
- Removal of grievance arbitrators’ list from the collective agreement.
- When an event is cancelled, members will have to be advised 36 hours in advance, rather than 24 hours.
- Eligibility for a contract within a unit 4 months after graduation rather than as of the following semester.